Fosroc Sprayset HBL: High Build and Low Rebound Liquid Admixture for Sprayed Concrete
Fosroc Chemicals India Private Limited is a company that manufactures and supplies Fosroc Sprayset HBL, a unique liquid blend of inorganic powders that does not contain any chloride. When added to a sprayed concrete mix, it significantly improves the properties of the resulting concrete, such as high build and low rebound. The product is marketed and supplied in India by their authorized distributor, Space Arc Engineering, for all of the Fosroc range of products. The following are some uses and advantages of Fosroc Sprayset HBL:
- Enables a high build of sprayed concrete, shotcrete, and gunite without slump
- Provides set acceleration and reduces rebound
- Maximizing build quality results in quicker coverage while reducing slumping.
- Can be applied up to 300mm in one application to vertical surfaces and up to 200mm overhead, depending on the weight/volume of the aggregate
- Non-caustic, leading to safer handling/operating conditions
- Low rebound - controlled set allows new material to be embedded in applied mortar
- Chloride-free liquid
- 28-day strength not adversely affected
- Compliance with Standards: Sprayset HBL conforms to the guidelines of ACI 506-56 (recommended practices for shotcreting - Concrete society Specification for Sprayed concrete).Product Description: Sprayset HBL is a liquid mixture of inorganic powders that is free of chloride. It is used as an admixture in sprayed concrete to provide high build and low rebound properties.
- Technical Support: Fosroc offers technical guidance and on-site support for admixture selection, assessment trials, and dispensing equipment. We provide technical data and advice on admixtures and other concrete products for use in fresh and hardened concrete.
- Dosage Recommendations: The optimal amount of Sprayset HBL required to meet specific needs should be determined through trials using the same materials and conditions that will be encountered in actual use. The recommended starting point for these trials is typically within the range of 5.0 liters per 100 kg of cementitious material, including PFA, GGBFS, or microsilica.
Consequences of Overdosing: Using twice the recommended amount of Sprayset HBL can cause the sprayed mix to set faster than desired, leading to weaker concrete.
Estimating: Sprayset HBL is available in 200 ltr, 250kg, and 280kg.
Storage: Shelf Life of Sprayset HBL is a minimum of 6 months when stored in dry conditions in its original, unopened container. The shelf life of this product can be reduced by exposure to high temperatures.
Safety Precautions: Although non - caustic, Sprayset HBL should not be ingested or come into contact with the skin or eyes . Proper protective gear, including gloves and goggles, should be worn at all times. If Sprayset HBL comes into contact with your skin, it's important to rinse the affected area thoroughly with water. If the product comes into contact with the eyes, immediately flush with water and seek medical attention . If swallowed, seek immediate medical attention and do not induce vomiting .