Fosroc Conplast AEA: Air Entraining Admixture for Enhanced Concrete Durability
Fosroc Conplast AEA is a chloride-free air entraining admixture manufactured by Fosroc Chemicals India Private Limited and marketed and supplied in India by their authorized distributor, Space Arc Engineering, for all Fosroc range of products. It is an excellent solution for producing air entrained concrete for increased durability and resistance to damage by frost and deicing salts, reducing problems of surface scaling and concrete failure.
- Produce air-entrained concrete for enhanced durability and protection against frost and deicing salt damage.
- To improve cohesion and workability of concrete mixes where poorly graded aggregates must be used and bleeding, segregation, or sand runs occur
- Increased durability and resistance to frost and de-icing salts, reducing surface scaling and concrete failure
- Stable cohesive mix with reduced segregation and bleeding, thanks to entrained air bubbles
- Improved workability and uniform, dense, and close textured surface, enhancing durability
- Suitable for a wide range of aggregate qualities and mix conditions due to excellent air bubble stability
- Complies with BS 5075 Part 2, BS 4887 Part 1, ASTM C260, and Department of Transport Specification for Highway Works.
- Appearance: Translucent colored liquid
- Chloride content: Nil to BS 5075
- Specific gravity: 1.01 at 270C
- Alkali content: Typically less than 14.0g Na2O equivalent/liter of admixture
- pH: Minimum 6
- Sand content: The quantity of air entrained will increase with increasing sand content
- Increasing the fineness or content of cement results in a decrease in the amount of air entrained.
- Aggregate quality: Silt content variations can adversely affect the degree of air entrainment
- When using Conplast AEA, it's important to be cautious of organic impurities such as carbon, as they can reduce its effectiveness. Additionally, PFA and certain pigments should be used with care.
- Fosroc provides technical support services to contractors, end-users, and specifiers, along with on-site technical assistance across the country.