Conbextra GP2 N: High-Strength Precision Grout for Various Applications
- Fosroc Chemicals India Private Limited
- Space Arc Engineering
- What is Conbextra GP2 N?
- Main Components
- Main Uses of Conbextra GP2 N
- Advantages of Conbextra GP2 N
- Gaseous Expansion System
- No Metallic Iron Content
- Pre-packed Material
- High Early Strength
- High Ultimate Strength
- Free Flow
- Standard Compliance
- Preparation and Application
- Foundation Surface Preparation
- Base Plate Preparation
- Mixing and Placing
- Estimating and Packaging
- Storage and Shelf Life
- Health and Safety
Fosroc Chemicals India Private Limited, a leading manufacturer of construction chemicals, produces the Conbextra GP2 N, a high-quality, non-shrink, cementitious precision grout. This versatile product is marketed and supplied in India by Space Arc Engineering, an authorized distributor of the Fosroc range of products.
What is Conbextra GP2 N?
Conbextra GP2 N is a free-flowing, high-strength, non-shrink, cementitious precision grout supplied as a ready-to-use dry powder. It consists of a blend of Portland cement, graded fillers, and chemical additives that provide controlled expansion in the plastic state while minimizing water demand. This product is perfect for various applications where precision grouting is essential.
Main Uses of Conbextra GP2 N
Precision grouting requires the use of Conbextra GP2 N since it must be able to sustain both static and dynamic loads.. Grouting turbine, compressor, and boiler feed pump base plates is one example of a typical application. Moreover, it can be used to secure a variety of fasteners, such as masts, anchor bolts, and fence posts.
Advantages of Conbextra GP2 N
- Gaseous Expansion System: This system compensates for shrinkage and settlement in the plastic state, ensuring the stability and durability of the grout.
- No Metallic Iron Content: The absence of metallic iron prevents staining, maintaining the aesthetic appeal of the structure.
- Pre-packed Material: The pre-packed nature of Conbextra GP2 N overcomes onsite batching variations, ensuring consistent quality and performance.
- High Early Strength: The grout develops high early strength without the use of chlorides, allowing for faster project completion and load application.
- High Ultimate Strength: Conbextra GP2 N exhibits high ultimate strength, ensuring the durability of the hardened grout.
- Free Flow: The free-flowing nature of the grout ensures a high level of contact with the load-bearing area, providing uniform support and load transfer.
Conbextra GP2 N complies with ASTM C1107, a standard specification for packaged dry, hydraulic-cement grout (non-shrink).
Preparation and Application
Foundation Surface Preparation: The substrate must be free from oil, grease, or any loosely adherent material. Defective or laitance-covered concrete surfaces must be cut back to a sound base, and bolt holes and fixing pockets should be cleaned of any dirt or debris.
Base Plate Preparation: The base plate must be clean and free from oil, grease, or scale. Air pressure relief holes should be provided to allow venting of any isolated high spots.
Formwork: Construct leakproof formwork using foam rubber or other flexible material to allow for any expansion of the grout. The formwork should be strong enough to withstand the pressure of the grout during placement.
Mixing and Placing: Add the required amount of water to the mixing vessel and gradually add Conbextra GP2 N powder while mixing continuously. Mix the grout for 3-4 minutes until a smooth, lump-free consistency is achieved. Pour the grout within 20 minutes of mixing, ensuring that the flow is maintained from one side of the formwork. For large placements, use a suitable grout pump to maintain a continuous flow.
Curing: Cure the grout as per standard concrete curing practices to prevent rapid moisture loss due to evaporation. Apply a suitable curing membrane or keep the surface wet for at least 24 hours.
- Conbextra GP2 N should not be used at temperatures below 5°C (41°F) or above 40°C (104°F).
- Do not add excess water or any other additives to the grout, as it may affect its performance.
- Avoid using Conbextra GP2 N in areas where it may be exposed to excessive heat, such as ovens or furnaces.
Estimating and Packaging
The coverage of Conbextra GP2 N depends on the specific application and the thickness of the grout layer. It is available in 25 kg bags.
Storage and Shelf Life
Store Conbextra GP2 N in a cool, dry place, protected from direct sunlight. Unopened bags have a shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture.
Health and Safety: Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves, and eye/face protection when handling Conbextra GP2 N. In case of contact with eyes or skin, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice if irritation persists.
Fire: Conbextra GP2 N is non-flammable, but in the event of a fire, use appropriate extinguishing media such as foam, carbon dioxide, or dry chemical powder. Avoid using water jet as it may spread the fire.
In conclusion, Conbextra GP2 N is a versatile, high-strength, non-shrink, cementitious precision grout that is perfect for various applications where precision grouting is essential. With its numerous advantages, it provides an excellent solution for engineers and contractors looking for a reliable and high-performance grouting material.
1. What is Conbextra GP2 N?
Conbextra GP2 N is a high-strength, non-shrink, cementitious precision grout used for various grouting applications such as machine base plates, anchor bolts, bridge bearings, and precast concrete sections. It is a versatile and reliable grouting material.
2. What are the advantages of using Conbextra GP2 N ?
The advantages of using Conbextra GP2 N include its high strength, non-shrink properties, excellent flow characteristics, and good bond strength to concrete and steel. It also provides resistance to dynamic loads, vibration, and impact .
3. What is the mixing ratio for Conbextra GP2 N ?
The mixing ratio for Conbextra GP2 N is approximately 3.8 to 4.2 liters of water per 25 kg bag. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions for the specific product being used .
4. Can I add more water to make the grout flow better ?
No, adding excess water or any other additives to the grout may affect its performance. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions for the recommended water-cement ratio.
5. How long does it take for Conbextra GP2 N to set?
The initial set time for Conbextra GP2 N is approximately 6 hours at 20°C (68°F). However, this may vary depending on the temperature and humidity at the job site.
6. What is the shelf life of Conbextra GP2 N ?
Unopened bags of Conbextra GP2 N have a shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture when stored in a cool, dry place, protected from direct sunlight .
7. Can Conbextra GP2 N be used for underwater applications?
No, Conbextra GP2 N is not recommended for underwater applications. For such applications, use specialized underwater grouting products designed for that purpose.
8. What are the precautions to take while handling Conbextra GP2 N?
Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves, and eye/face protection when handling Conbextra GP2 N. In case of contact with eyes or skin, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice if irritation persists.
9. Can Conbextra GP2 N be used in areas exposed to high heat?
Avoid using Conbextra GP2 N in areas where it may be exposed to excessive heat, such as ovens or furnaces. It is not designed for high-temperature applications.
10. What is the coverage of Conbextra GP2 N?
The coverage of Conbextra GP2 N depends on the specific application and the thickness of the grout layer. Always refer to the manufacturer's guidelines for estimating the required amount of grout for your project.